10.31.2002

Check it out! This guy knows a band with my name!
I was having a discussion with a friend about economics and I thought ya'll (all four of you!) might be interested. My economics ideals might be mistaken for Communism if not closely examined. I want to see a society where every citizen is more explicitly a producer as well a consumer. Everyone who works is a producer of some kind. The problem is that many people are very far removed from their eventual product. I want everyone to be in business for himself selling a product to whoever will pay the most. Right now, most people sign contracts to sell their labor to large corporations at unnecessarily low prices. However, most people cannot realistically sell their labor on their own. My solution is to lower the price of the tools of production so that private individuals can compete with large companies. Not only is there a free market solution for this problem; it is already being solved. The tech revolution has cheapened technology and people are already taking advantage. What I feel is important is that large companies not be allowed to stand in the way of innovation and the empowerment of the people. My copyright idea is part of a framework to do that.

No comments: